Having recently rediscovered my (two year old) post titled Hello, it's nice to meet you, I felt now was as good as time as any to reintroduce myself. So here is my life, two years on.
The Past Two Years
Hello I'm Nate. I'm an Actor, and I'm 17 years old. I live in Leeds, and regularly attend LCC college where I study Musical Theatre. After the first year of this course, Acting and Theatre have now become the main focus of my life, though that's not to say that I don't maintain a healthy interest in technology. I believe that during this year I have become almost a completely different person, though I still can't dance.
I graduated high school last year with 11 A*-C GCSEs (4As, 3Bs, 2Cs). To put that into perspective, my course only required five. I managed to achieve an A in Maths, and a B in Spanish (which I was particularly surprised about) – neither of his I was expecting. I ended up doing quite badly in my Theatre written exam, bringing my grade down from an A to a C, which was gut-wrenching at the time. My friends and the college convinced me that it wasn't massively important as I had still gained a place at my #1 choice of college.
I would say that I still have the same job, but that would be unfair to the scale of the massive rebrand we've hand in the last year. The company I have worked at is now called Parallax, and boy is it a different company – more than just the name has changed.
I still have a twin, and his name is still Adam. You can find him on Twitter among other places, though I still can't fathom why you would.
Sadly, at the start of this year, my Mum passed away. This was unexpected and was not due to any pre-existing condition that we were aware of, so you can imagine it was quite a painful experience. It has definitely changed me and my family, which is why I felt the need to mention it.
However, my family is still huge
- There's my step dad, who is busy being a step-dad?
- My older sister Trina, who is currently completely her final year at university.
- Jamal, my older brother that has just started university. Good luck and thanks for moving out. thumbs up
- My sister Leila, who is without a doubt the best person I know. She's incredibly smart and is currently finishing her college course on Aviation.
- Adam, who has since moved out to live with his girlfriend. I miss you! (I don't) (I do)
- Haydar and Hana, who are still very young and still very cute if a little bossy.
I think the distinctive quality for the last year of my life has been my friends. I have gained some new amazing friends that I would do anything for, and strengthened some existing friendships. In no particular order
- Katrina: I met Katrina in high school, despite her being a few years younger than me she quickly became one of the closest friends that I have. She knows me better than probably anyone and has seen me through the best and the worst.
- Claudio: I've known Claudio for a very long time, and he is one of the smartest people I know. It's a shame he lives so far away because I like him a lot and love when I get to see him.
- Lottie was the first friend I made in college after bonding over our equally bad dancing. She makes me laugh every day, but has also been there for me through some really rough stuff/
- Jake is, to my memory, my oldest friend. After meeting him in 2008 online, we spoke on and off for years, before finally meeting in earlier this year. While until quite recently, he has been quite distant for a time, I feel like we've become very close friends.
- Jadean is HILARIOUS. She can't say two words without me bursting into fits of laughter. She is also an incredibly talented dancer and actor, and I look up to her in both of those fields.
- Matt: Being my second oldest friend, behind Jake, Matt is probably the first real idol that I ever had. Funny, charismatic, smart and thoughtful, he has the perfect mix of these qualities. Having recently moved to Leeds, I look forward to getting to know him even better.
- Andrew is a really incredible guy. He's another one that gets me so well that we can have conversations for hours leading me into pits of laughter, but also knows when it's time to talk seriously.
- Tamara is the sweetest girl that I have ever met. We have so much in common, and frankly she is adorable. I can't help but smile when around her, and she is also an incredibly talented performer. She's the person you meet and just can't help but want to get to know and be around.
- Peter has helped me through so much over this past year. After meeting him when I, comically, couldn't turn on the college computers, everything just clicked with him. He's an incredibly talented actor and a great musician too, I feel like I could tell him anything and he is usually the first person I go to when I need help with anything.
- Joseph is my life. I started dating him towards the end of 2012, and since then I have fallen in love with him. He is so kind, smart, thoughtful, intelligent, funny, and so many other things that can't be described on paper. I love him.
It's getting to the point where I need to decide what I'm doing with my life. I have a few plans, including going to university and/or drama school, but lets just say that I have a fun and busy few years ahead of me.
TL;DR? I'm very very gay.